Johnny Manziel slammed with questions at SEC Media Days
Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel talks with reporters during the Southeastern Conference football Media Days in Hoover, Ala., on Wednesday.
- By the numbers
- A numerical breakdown of Johnny Manziel’s press conference Wednesday at SEC Media Days
- 70 questions answered.
- 31 minutes Manziel spent fielding questions from a pack of thirsty reporters in the main media room.
- 25 sports-related questions.
- 8 queries about Manning Passing Academy.
- 5 instances of “off-field” or “off-season” being used in a question.
- 5 times when “Tebow” was included as part of a question.
- 4 reporters asked about classes.
- 3 responses from Manziel that included “I’m a 20-year-old college kid” or similar variation.
- 3 LeBron James-related questions.
- 1 question about Texas A&M facing off against the University of Texas in a football match once more.
- — Eagle staff report
Posted: Thursday, July 18, 2013 12:00 am
HOOVER, Ala. -- Johnny Manziel showed up early.
He was scheduled to do an 8:15 a.m. interview on ESPN Sportscenter, which was to kick off a three-hour journey into the jungle otherwise known as SEC Media Days.
Thank you for reading your allotted free articles on our site. If you would like to continue to read ... Please log in below using your existing user ID and Password that you have created. If you need help, please contact our circulation office at (979) 776-2345.
Or, use your
Thursday, July 18, 2013 12:00 am.