This weekend features Downtown Bryan’s annual Lights On! event, live music events, sports, holiday shopping and more. For more happenings, visit the online events calendar.
• The Texas A&M women’s volleyball team will take on Mississippi State on Friday at 6:30 p.m. in Reed Arena. Tickets range from $4 to $10. For more information, visit 12thman.com.
• Live music abounds in town this weekend. Jon Wolfe is performing at Hurricane Harry’s on Friday at 9 p.m. with guest Triston Marez. Tickets are $12 online. For more information, visit harrys.bcsclubs.com. Also, the University Jazz Bands in Concert is Saturday at 2 p.m., the University Orchestras in Concert is at 7 p.m. Saturday, the University Wind Symphony in Concert is Sunday at 2 p.m. and the University Bands in Concert is at 5:30 p.m. Sunday – all in the Rudder Theatre. Tickets to each performance are $5. For more information, visit boxoffice.tamu.edu.
• Martha’s Bloomers presents Holiday in the Garden from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. on Friday at 8101 Texas 6 in Navasota. The event features live music, sweets and treats, complimentary beverages, hors d’oeuvres, holiday décor, gift shopping, door prizes and more. The event benefits the Grimes County Food Pantry and is open to the public. RSVP at marthasbloomers.com.
• Downtown Bryan kicks off the holiday season with Lights On! on Friday from 6 to 10 p.m. at Gloria Sale Park and 28th Street. The event includes flipping the switch to illuminate the Christmas trees that anchor the north and south ends of Downtown Bryan, along with thousands of lights along Main Street and Bryan Avenue. The free, family friendly event includes singing and other holiday traditions. For more information, visit www.downtownbryan.com/event/lights-on-3.
• The Larry J. Ringer Library is hosting a Fall Festival on Saturday from 2 to 4 p.m. for fifth to 12th graders, featuring themed games, crafts and snacks. For more information, visit bcslibrary.org/events.