Here are some upcoming events and stories around Bryan-College Station that we’re watching this week. For more events, visit theeagle.com/calendar.
• The Clara B. Mounce Public Library is hosting a Family Game Night from 6 to 7:30 p.m. on Monday. Lots of board games will be available. This is a come-and-go program. For more details, contact Elaine at 209-5600.
Monday and Tuesday
• Navasota Theatre Alliance is holding auditions for Smoke on the Mountain at 6:45 p.m. on Monday and Tuesday. Four actors and three actresses between the ages of 18 and 50 will be selected, as well as a stage crew. The musical runs from Sept. 27 through Oct. 13. For more information, visit navasotatheatre.org.
• Nonprofit Night with the Brazos Valley Bombers is on Tuesday at Travis Field at 7 p.m. When you purchase a ticket for the Bombers game on Tuesday, 50 percent of the proceeds go to United Way of the Brazos Valley. For more information, visit www.groupmatics.events/event/Unitedway77.
• The Clara B. Mounce Public Library is hosting Star Wars Fun on Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. All ages are invited for this come-and-go event. For more information, visit www.bcslibrary.org/events.
• A free, hands-only CPR class for all ages is being offered on Wednesday from 2 to 6 p.m. at Adamson Lagoon. It only takes 20 minutes to learn to save a life. All participants will receive free admission on their next visit to any City of College Station pool. For more information, visit cstx.gov/index.aspx?page=577.
• The Texas and Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association will host a ranch gathering and discussion of cattle issues on Wednesday at the 7D Ranch in Navasota. The event is open to the public and is free. Registration will begin at 5:30 p.m. followed by a complimentary beef dinner. TSCRA Special Ranger Brent Mast will provide an update on recent law enforcement activities in the area and discuss strategies to keep livestock and equipment secure. Attendees will also receive updates on other topics of interest to cattle raisers and the community, including a discussion of recent legislation and other government activities with potential impacts for producers. TSCRA requests registrations at www.tscra.org/ranch-gatherings or 800-242-7820, ext. 192. The 7D Ranch is at 2729 County Road 305 in Navasota.
• Casey Donahew and William Clark Green are performing live at Hurricane Harry’s on Wednesday at 9 p.m. Tickets are $15. For tickets, visit https://www.etix.com/ticket/v/13387/hurricane-harrys?fbclid=IwAR3Ccxz1zSHYQ57BMK39ElCWwf9Dn3N0LTWSgR1dvgF3mC-CSkqrCXrNhdc.
• The Clara B. Mounce Public Library is hosting Sundaes and Games on Thursday from 3 to 4:30 p.m. There will be ice cream and games for ages 10 to 18. For more information, visit https://www.bcslibrary.org/events.
• Bryan Elks Lodge 859 will host its first comedy and karaoke night on Friday. Proceeds from the event will help support the Texas Elks Camp for special needs and foster children. The show will begin at 8 p.m., and audience members are invited to perform. The cost is $10, and children are not recommended. The lodge is at 304 Mobile Ave. in Bryan.
• Jon Wolfe is performing with Triston Marez at Hurricane Harry’s on Friday at 9 p.m. Tickets are $12 in advance. For tickets, visit https://www.etix.com/ticket/v/13387/hurricane-harrys?fbclid=IwAR3Ccxz1zSHYQ57BMK39ElCWwf9Dn3N0LTWSgR1dvgF3mC-CSkqrCXrNhdc.
• The TAMU Chemistry Road Show will be at the Clara B. Mounce Public Library on Saturday at 11 a.m. Pick up free tickets starting at 10:30 a.m. For more information, visit https://www.bcslibrary.org/events.
• Downtown Brenham presents Hot Nights Cool Tunes Concert Series on Saturday from 7 to 10 p.m. with free admission and parking. Food and drinks are available, as well as a kid’s train and classic car show. For more information, visit www.downtownbrenham.com/hotnights.
• Fox in the Ground with Castaway Radio and Skunk Money will be playing live at the Grand Stafford Theater on Saturday at 8 p.m. Tickets are $5 in advance and at the door. For more information, visit www.grandstaffordtheater.com/events.
• The Brazos Valley Astronomy Club is hosting a Star Party at the Larry J. Ringer Library on Saturday at 9 p.m. The club will bring telescopes to Ringer Library and tell you about constellations and planets you may see.
• The Curve Game Matters Fashion Show is on Saturday from 6 to 9 p.m. at the Brazos County Expo. The organization encourages instilling body positivity in every woman. The fashion show will showcase spring and summer designs while also having food and music. Tickets range from $30 to $60. For more information, visit www.facebook.com/curvegamematters.
• The Brazos Valley All Star Band is filming a music video and performing a free concert on Sunday at the Grand Stafford Theater at 3:30 p.m. The show is free and a full service bar will be open. For more information, visit grandstaffordtheater.com.