Player of the week: JT Anthony, Bremond
The Bremond senior put the Tigers on his back in a 49-14 win over Granger, rushing for 309 yards and six TDs on 35 carries. He also threw three passes for 43 yards, garnering this week’s player of the week honors with 652 votes in The Eagle’s weekly poll.
Bremond 49, Granger 14 FINAL #txhsfb Notable: JT Anthony 36 carries, 309 yards, 6 TD, 3-3 passing, 43 yards, 1 TD— Brad Cox (@BradCox34) October 19, 2019
Offensive player of the week: Jarred Kerr, Lexington
Lexington’s sophomore defensive back/wide receiver ran for 254 yards and two touchdowns, adding a 68-yard TD reception in a 29-13 win over Clifton.
Jarred Kerr, RB, Lexington, 23-carries for 254-yards, 2-TD’s, 2-catches for 79-yards, 1-TD, W/Clifton 29-13. #txhsfb— David Smoak (@DavidSmoak) October 21, 2019
Defensive player of the week: Nick McDaniel, Bryan
McDaniel, a senior linebacker, recorded 16 total tackles (five solo, 11 assisted), a tackle for loss and a quarterback hurry in a 34-24 loss to Cypress Park. He also got in on the scoring, stripping the ball from the Cy Park quarterback and returning it 82 yards for a TD.
Touchdown, Bryan.The Tigers try a quarterback sneak on fourth down, but Nick McDaniel emerges from the scrum with the ball and returns it 81 yards for the score.7:45, 1st Quarter: Bryan 7Cypress Park 0#txhsfb— Varsity Wires (@VarsityWires) October 18, 2019
Special teams player of the week: Khebrian Rumph, College Station
Rumph, a senior defensive back, recovered a blocked punt and returned it 40 yards to the Magnolia 5-yard line, setting up the game-tying touchdown in the Cougars’ 48-24 win over the Bulldogs.
College Station blocks a Magnolia punt, and Khebrian Rumph returns it about 40 yards to the 5-yard line.— Maria McIlwain (@mkmcilwain) October 19, 2019
OTHER TOP PERFORMERS
• Navasota kicker Miguel Alvarado kicked a 41-yard field goal in the second quarter of the Rattlers’ 10-7 win over Stafford.
• Rudder senior running back James Ayers ran for 188 yards on 20 carries with two total TDs — a 69-yard touchdown catch in the first half and a 37-yard run in the second — in the Rangers’ 35-28 win over Montgomery Lake Creek. He also was crowned homecoming king at halftime.
• Leon’s Brock Beamer racked up 17 total tackles in the Cougars’ 62-24 win over Kerens.
• Cameron quarterback Braden Brashear threw for 257 yards and was responsible for four touchdowns (three passing, one rushing) in a 50-7 win over Little River Academy.
• St. Joseph junior quarterback Trace Brightwell threw for 345 yards and six touchdowns on 22-of-31 passing. He added 10 yards on a pair of carries and recorded five tackles and an interception in a 52-50 win over Trinidad.
• Madisonville senior quarterback Tyrese Brown had 23 carries for 184 yards and three touchdowns, including a 60-yarder, in the Mustangs’ 55-35 loss to Waco Robinson.
• A&M Consolidated senior receiver Valen Jones had five receptions for 139 yards, much of it after the catch, and a pair of scores to help the Tigers take control of District 10-5A Division II with a 55-17 win over Katy Paetow.
• St. Joseph’s Reid Millhollon caught five passes for 155 yards in the win over Trinidad on Saturday.
• Senior WR Matthew Nelson caught nine passes for 113 yards and three touchdowns in St. Joseph’s win. He also co-led the Eagles defensively with eight tackles and a forced fumble.
• Consol junior defensive end Vince Sheffield had eight total tackles, three for loss, two sacks and a forced fumble that led to a touchdown in the Tigers’ victory over Paetow.
• College Station senior linebacker Traevon Thompson recorded 10 tackles, one for loss, in a 48-24 win over Magnolia. He also forced a fumble, recovered it and returned it 40 yards for a TD.