Player of the week: Bryce Steel, Brazos Christian
Steel, the Eagles’ senior quarterback, has put together several solid games, but Friday’s 68-7 win over Somerville was the most impressive. He completed 25 of 28 passes for 498 yards and nine passing TDs and was the leading vote-getter in The Eagle’s weekly online poll with 433 votes.
Offensive player of the week: Cam’ron Valdez, Rockdale
The Tigers’ junior running back scored nearly every time he touched the ball with five TDs and 175 yards on just six carries in Rockdale’s 80-6 win over Manor New Tech.
Defensive player of the week: Datron Dixon, Franklin
Franklin’s senior tailback/cornerback made an impact on both sides of the ball with interception returns of 75 and 41 yards that set up a pair of touchdowns. Dixon added a 51-yard TD run of his own in the Lions’ 48-22 win over Elkhart
Special teams player of the week: Dawson Schremp, College Station
Schremp, the Cougars’ sophomore kicker, was a perfect 5 for 5 on extra points and capped College Station’s scoring with a 38-yard field goal in a 38-7 win over Waller.
OTHER TOP PERFORMERS
• St. Joseph’s Twister Barrington had team-highs in rushing and receiving with 10 carries for 119 yards and four catches for 30 yards in a 34-32 loss to Conroe Covenant Christian.
• Cameron senior quarterback Braden Brashear completed 14 of 18 passes for 266 yards and four TDs in a 44-6 win over Katy St. John XXIII.
• A&M Consolidated senior linebacker Kerry Brooks had a team-high 16 tackles, including 11 solo tackles, in a 41-21 win over Montgomery. He added a rushing TD and returned a kickoff 74 yards to the 1-yard line.
• College Station junior running back Roderick Brown had a breakout game against Waller, rushing for 131 yards on 18 carries and catching three passes for 50 yards and two total TDs in the Cougars’ 38-7 win.
• Brazos Christian’s Davis Carroll helped lead the Eagles’ defense, racking up 10 total tackles, including four tackles for loss and two sacks. He also recovered a fumble in the Eagles’ 68-7 win over Somerville.
• Brenham sophomore Jovon Dixon led the Cubs’ ground game, rushing for 139 yards and two touchdowns in an exciting 35-30 win over Georgetown East View.
• Iola quarterback Blake Driver threw for 203 yards and a touchdown on 15-of-26 passing in the Bulldogs’ 35-12 loss to Tomball Rosehill Christian.
• Dime Box senior Ray Gilbert put together another stellar performance, rushing for 250 yards and seven touchdowns in the Longhorns’ season finale, a 64-32 win over Houston Mount Carmel.
• Consol senior quarterback Gage Pahl completed 19 of 30 passes for a career-high 334 yards and five TDs, adding a team-best 67 rushing yards on seven carries in a 41-21 win over Montgomery.
• Jace Robinson, Rockdale’s junior quarterback, threw for 285 yards and four touchdowns on 12-of-17 passing in an 80-6 win over Manor New Tech.
• Cameron junior wide receiver Zakorien Spikes caught 14- and 66-yard touchdown passes, finishing with four catches for 126 yards in a 44-7 win over Katy St. John XXIII. He also had a 75-yard interception return for a touchdown.